Thursday, April 24, 2008

What's with the Creative Commons license?

Long story short... I caught some of my images and material being used as part of another person's website. They were "assuming" the credit for taking the photos and the posts around them. They did remove it when I asked them to, but it got me in a cranky mood.

I don't mind the material in this weblog being used and re-posted. What I do mind is not getting credit for it... especially if someone else has gone off and "assumed" it for themselves.

So I went to Creative Commons and got a license for my blog entries. Its posted at the beginning of the weblog menu and is pretty straightforward.

To sum up, everyone can download and share anything from here as long as they link and mention this weblog as the origin of the material. There can't be any changes to the material and nothing can be used in any way commercially.

To quote an old saying... A sudden rain finds the holes in the roof.

No comments: