Thursday, September 20, 2007

True Glo Sight

Sometimes when I am at the outdoor range shooting the Benelli shotgun I have been using in the previous photo blog entries, I get asked "just what is that green stick at the end of the shotgun?"

Since I forgot to mention this is NOT a standard component of most shotguns, I thought I should dedicate a quick blog post about it.

That "green stick" is something called a True Glo sight. It catches the ambient light and diffracts it throughout the sight's cylinder. Although it does not "glow" chemically like one of those light sticks you see around Halloween or in some emergency kits, it does make the lining up and targeting process much easier. I suppose "luminescent" would be a better word for it.

It was a breeze to install, but is really only usable in situations where there is some light for it to pick up.

Here is a closeup of the True Glo sight.


Although it does not glow chemically, it does pull in quite a bit of the ambient light in the area, and makes target acquisition much easier.

-end-

No comments: